Here is a model of what your transcription/1st draft of monologue should look like.
"Under the Knife"
My mother sits on the edge of the coffee table with her legs crossed. She is wearing an oversized white t-shirt with one sleeve rolled up, and her hair in a haphazard ponytail. She leans forward with her back slightly slouched, as her hands grip the edge of the table. When she talks about something she feels particularly passionate about, her usually distinct, unhurried speech becomes more stumbled and rushed. At times, when she mentions contrasting points, she clasps her hands together and motions from side to side. As she speaks, her crossed leg swings back and forth.
According
According to
I guess certain standards
Yeah
I was pretty
When I was younger
And just like any other young girl
I was fixated on my shortcomings more than my assets
Oh my eyes are so small
And my hairs is not thick enough
And my butt is so flat
I guess it feels like I'm seventeen again
Except
I know now
At 45 years old getting breast implants does not change
A percent of me
Of who I am and who I would be and I will be
I doesn't matter
At all
Age factor really does make an important
You get older
You know yourself better
It's not something that you just kinda like oh one day you wake up and decide, okay, alright, I know that's what I want, or this is not what I want.
You don't know much
When you're young
I'm happy
With the way the surgery turned out
I mean
Except a little bit of
Gossipy talk
In the beginning, but I don't really care
I mean
My mother is too old
She's not going to know about my breast implants
So she's the only person who I think would totally object to it because she's
She's
She
Wasn't raised to understand
No
Accepting the surgery is not a matter of being westernized or being easternized
I think it's a matter of being educated or not educated
Education
Broadens your mind, has nothing to do with whether you're eastern thinking or you're western thinking
It's just an acceptance of something that's new and possible
That you could possibly
Do to yourself
To enrich yourself
Or to
Better yourself
Or to
Um
Think that you're doing something for yourself - whatever it is
It's education
It's not - it's not
It's not eastern versus western
You know
I think my best friend did want to do it too
But
She has a
Non-supportive husband
Who really does not believe in this and
He's really against it
So
She's just
She's just going along with his
Ideas
She's
You know
She's not going against his will
So she decided she doesn't want to do it
If she wants to do it
I think...
He should give her enough freedom in a marriage to allow her to make that personal decision for herself
And not insist on his decision on her
I wouldn't marry somebody
Who wouldn't even allow me that certain amount of personal freedom, I need someone to let me be myself
So
Yeah
In the beginning
Everybody was a little bit surprised
Because
It is something out of the ordinary
Regardless
This is me
Whether, what a-
Pe- what other people look at me
And what they think of me
Why I do it, what I want to do it
It's all irrelevant
I'm 40-something years old
I'm entitled.
No comments:
Post a Comment