"A book, too, can be a star, 'explosive material, capable of stirring up fresh life endlessly,' a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." - from Madeleine L'Engle's Newberry Medal Acceptance Speech

Monday, May 16, 2011

Reminder to Students: Due Wednesday, May 18

I have two more days of scoring ELA tests (I miss you guys!).

Please make sure you do/get the following from whoever is covering your classes:

Monday -
  • you should start watching Stand By Me; make sure you get the two-sided handout and are assigned one of four characters in the movie to fill out one side of the handout for
  • you should have received a copy of "Am I Blue?" - both a stapled packet and a loose sheet which I had forgotten to staple with the rest of the story
Tuesday -
  • finish watching the movie
  • work on handout
DUE WED:
  • coming of age reading sheet that I handed out on Thursday + bring your coming of age novels
  • completed handout (both sides) on the movie
  • annotated "Am I Blue?" story with notes on inferences, interpretations, and extensions
  • annotated "Girl" story with notes on inferences interpretations, and extensions
See you soon! Have a good beginning of the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment