"A book, too, can be a star, 'explosive material, capable of stirring up fresh life endlessly,' a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." - from Madeleine L'Engle's Newberry Medal Acceptance Speech

Thursday, March 12, 2020

SLC Reflection and Letter

8th Grade ELA Student-Led Conference Reflection March 12, 2020

Student’s Name: __________________________
My goals in ELA are: (list 2-3)
I will meet these goals by:
1.




2.




3.





Student’s Signature: _____________________________

Dear 8th Grade Families,

I hope you are all healthy and doing well. Since Student Led Conferences were canceled, I want to go over a few things regarding keeping up-to-date on how your children are doing in ELA.

Check Pupil Path grades. These are accurate for the 3rd marking period so far; grades fluctuate throughout each semester. If there are any mistakes or questions regarding grades, please email me.
Remember, students should lead conferences with their parents. Please have your children read their SLC reflections to you. Ask them questions about how they are doing and what they specifically need to do to improve in each class.
Be aware of certain events and activities coming up:
Pennies for Patients Fundraiser and READathon - see notices that went out. Please help your child raise money by March 31.
NYS ELA Test March 25-26. A letter with more information will be sent soon.
If you and your children wish to communicate further, email me today, and I will respond as soon as possible. My email is dgalang@k051.org.
Complete the bottom of this, sign, and return it by Monday March 16; you may also email this to me. This will count as an accountability grade.

Parents - please check off all that apply:
My child led a conference with me regarding ELA.
I would like to meet with you on a Tuesday morning between 8 and 8:40am. I am available _________________.
I would like to schedule a phone conference one day after school (3pm Tue, Wed, Thur, or Friday) I am available on ___________________ (dates).
I currently have no questions or concerns.
I have some questions, comments, and/or concerns:


Parent’s Signature: ____________________________  Date: ____________

Thank you for your support and understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment