Revising the 1st draft of the Monologue
Questions to consider:
- How can the beginning be improved?
- Are there parts that are weak and don't further the focus?
- How can the ending be improved?
- What do I need to do now? Do I need more details from my interviewee? What questions do I still need to ask?
- Read your monologue out loud. Does it flow? What parts need to be improved? How can I make it flow better?
Name:
________________________________ Class:
______ Rubric for Coming of Age Monologue Project
|
Criteria
|
Self-assessment (0-5pts)
|
Teacher assessment
|
|
1.
Character introduction/description: a paragraph describing interviewee’s physical
appearance, mannerisms, mood and tone, and other important attributes
|
|
|
|
2.
Monologue:
·
Interesting title
·
Clear overall
focus
·
Intentional and
effective line breaks and stanzas
·
Strong beginning,
middle, and end; it flows
|
|
|
|
3.
Process/presentation: includes final typed draft + previous drafts and
transcription; worked hard throughout the process; completed tasks on time
|
|
|
|
4.
Performance:
·
Gets into
character’s shoes; performs with audience in mind
·
Includes at
least 2 props and/or costume items
·
Memorizes parts
or all of monologue
|
|
|
|
5.
Reflection: at least 2-3 paragraphs, typed, thoughtful
reflection on: What were some
challenges and successes? What did you learn and gain from this interview and
monologue project? What lessons can you apply to your own coming of age
experience?
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment